As a marketer, your content strategy is very important. Blogs, articles, social media posts, slide presentations, etc. There are so many ways to market your content.
But in the last few years, infographics have caught the attention of online marketers and media professionals. They feature a combination of text, design, and images to convert complex data into an easy-to-read piece of content.
With evolving visual communication, infographics are now focusing on driving flexibility, shareability, and audience engagement. The three trends that will help you in doing so are:
1. Modular Design
Infographics are already known for their attractive presentation of data using both images and text. But to further simplify the design, and to make it more interesting and visually appealing, designers and marketers are using a new approach.
It’s called modular design, and it involves creating clear, and exclusive sections for various kinds of data. This allows you to view these sections as individual parts of content as well as a part of the infographic.
The 3 primary benefits of modular design are:
- Stronger impact, and easy to remember
- Increased shareability on social platforms using smaller sections
- Flexible storytelling to provide clarity on key points
2. Destination Storytelling
The objective of making an infographic is not just to present the data in a simpler, and attractive form. It’s to also create an experience for your audience for better results.
This is where destination storytelling helps. It transports the users from one narrative path to another. It also creates an experience for them, and lets them actively participate in the story. This can be in the form of an animated slideshow, or an interactive data visualization.
What impact does destination storytelling have?
- Better engagement as readers have more control over your content
- Greater impact and ability to attract the focus of your readers
- Flexible storytelling, as it uses different platforms like interactive sessions, slideshows, and videos
3. Divisible Content
This strategy is used to streamline your marketing content. With one piece of comprehensive content, you can extract smaller divisible content pieces, and publish them across various platforms.
This strategy offers 3 main benefits:
- It is economical, effective, and efficient as it saves time, money, and effort, and extends the shelf life of your content
- It is widely accessible as readers can engage in different pieces using various platforms
- Its visual appearance stays consistent because the content is first created as a batch
To know more about this, here is a detailed gifographic by Column Five.