Business owners and digital marketers know that a surefire way to increase their brand’s visibility and web traffic is through search engine optimization (SEO). However, search engine optimization is not as easy as it sounds. Google, the king of the game, is ripe with competition that strives for the top spots in search results.
Despite the many challenges it brings, SEO still remains a top choice for improving a website’s traffic. This fact is backed by the state that 70-80% of clicks are made by consumers who trust organic search results more than paid ads.
This means that if you optimize your website to rank high in organic search results, you will see a fairly improved traffic to your website.
To help you better understand how SEO works and the current trends, check out the infographic below, courtesy of SEOTribunal. It is loaded with interesting stats, tips, and tricks for 2018 and beyond. Simply put, it shows you what to focus on to get the results you need in your SEO efforts.
Some notable stats from the infographic include:
- Google is the king of search engines as it holds 92.59% of market share on mobile devices and 72.87% on desktop.
- Google rolled out mobile-first indexing on March 26, 2018.
- 3 million searches are performed on Google every second.
- 39% of all global ecommerce traffic comes from search engines.
- 50% of searches include four words or more.
- Longer and more informative content tends to rank higher in Google’s search results.
- 27% of the top 10 search results use HTTPS.
- 46% of all Google searches emerge from local searches.
- 97% of page 1 search results feature at least one image or illustration.
- Time, Purch, and CBS are some of the companies that dominate the global Google search results.
The above are only a few of the facts you will find in the infographic below.
As you develop your SEO tactics for the rest of 2018 and beyond, you can use the knowledge below to stay on track. Just remember that to see the results of these strategies takes time. So be patient and you’ll get results in due time.